I’m pleased to announce a new release of Kojo. Highlights include:
- UI widgets in the drawing canvas. Go to the Samples -> Widgets menu to see an example of this.
- Support for rational numbers.
- Introduction of Polish support, contributed by Mikołaj Sochacki.
- Tweaks to rendering in the drawing canvas for smoother forward/turn curves.
- New commands and functions (randomFrom, randomBoolean, repeatFor, dot, etc).
- Support for writable images in which you can programatically set pixel values. This enables the efficient drawing of things like the Mandelbrot set.
As you can see, there’s a whole bunch of exciting new stuff in this release. Watch out for samples of this stuff in the coming weeks. In the meantime, there’s a new book in the works — Kojo Programming Quick-Ref, which describes a lot of the new features. You can download this book from the Kojo beta books page.
As always, the new version is available from the Kojo Download Page.