I’m pleased to announce a new release of Kojo. Highlights include:
- A new tool called the Turtle Controller, which can be accessed from the Tools menu. This is meant to help younger children (~5 years) use Kojo effectively.
- A new perspective with a bigger script editor (for larger canvas based programs), which can be accessed from the Window menu.
- Additional Vector2D methods – normalize, magnitude, limit, / (division), - (subtraction), dot, distance.
- Control of the Script Editor and Output Pane font size via the mouse scroll wheel (Ctrl + Scroll)
- New Picture creation functions – PicShape.image() and PicShape.button().
- PicShape.image() allows you to load an image file as a Picture. You can then use the Picture composition and transformation functions to lay out images declaritively, arrange them algorithmically, etc.
- PicShape.button() allows you to add Picture based buttons (that your code can react to) to the canvas. The Turtle Controller tool uses this feature.
- Upgrade to Scala 2.10.3
As always, the new version is available from the Kojo Download Page.