A draft version of a new Kojo book – Learning to Program with Kojo – is available on the (new) Kojo Beta Books page.
Here’s what the book’s introduction has to say:
This book will help you to learn computer programming. After working through the book, you should be proficient at writing programs. You should also have a good understanding of the fundamental ideas involved in programming.
The book is activity based. Most chapters have the following structure:
- A description of a problem that you need to solve.
- An explanation of the ideas and programming techniques that you need to solve the problem.
- Instructions on solving the problem.
Other chapters do one of the following:
- Help you practice what you have learned.
- Summarize important information.
This book works hand-in-hand with the (under development) series of books entitled: Adventures with Kojo. You learn the craft of programming using this book. You get to apply this craft with the activities in the Adventures books. These activities focus on Math (grades 5 to 12), and Art.
Feedback on the book is very welcome.